See BFDI wiki for detailed canon info.
Firey is a male contestant, the (possibly) main protagonist, and the winner of Battle for Dream Island. He's also in Battle for Dream Island Again, IDFB, and Battle for BFB. He is the most recognizable of the Object Characters. Tying with Match, Spongy, Teardrop, and Woody, he is the oldest object characters, debuting in 2008 comics.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Object RPG
- 4 Fan Fiction
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Names in different languages
- 8 See also
Firey appears to be a flame. His outer flames are orange, his inner flame is yellow-orange, and his outline is burnt orange.
In "Hurtful!" and prior episodes, his inner flame has a much more rugged look. In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" and onwards, his inner flame looks smoother.
In BFDI, Firey spent a good amount of time arguing and slapping Coiny. Firey can also be quite forgetful; e.g. him not realizing that lava can kill Leafy in Insectophobe's Nightmare 2, seemingly forgetting who Leafy is in "Get in the Van" and events afterward (though this is proven to be false). Though, by the end of Season 1, he seems to have developed more of a genuine understanding of his surroundings and interactions with the other characters, such as acknowledging his unintentional cruelty to Leafy and revealing his thoughts on the conflicts around him. He also displays signs of genuine sincerity, such as when he reveals his true feelings to Leafy about her.
However, from BFDIA onwards, Firey completely ignores Leafy and has a blank expression whenever nearby. The reason for this is explained in "The Four is Lava" when he tells Leafy that he didn't want to be associated with her because Leafy stole Dream Island. This paints him as somewhat selfish and uncaring, given how he's willing to lie about not knowing Leafy to save face. But doing this also seems logical on his end, given how Leafy stole Dream Island and committed other misdeeds, so if Firey were to "forget" Leafy, people wouldn't think poorly of him, and it could provide him a benefit in the competition.
Despite this, Firey still cares about Leafy and his distant behavior along with his actions in "Who Stole Donut's Diary?" were him being bitter about losing Dream Island even though he won the BFDI. Eventually, Leafy was able to fully apologize to him and intentionally lose the challenge to make up for her actions, thus reconciling their friendship.
In Object RPG, Firey is the beginning character. He is the only character to not be turned evil by the evil mist. He has 10HP at starting health but that changes as he levels up.
- Level 1 - Fire Punch. He punches his opponent with a fiery fist. It does about 2 - 4 damage and has a 10% burn chance.
- Level 3 - Flame Inflict. He shoots a small flame at his opponent. It does 5 - 6 damage, but has a 30% burn chance.
- Level 5 - Heat Up. He makes himself stronger, decreasing the damage of the next attack by 15%.
- Fire Physiology: As he is a form of energy, Firey has the traits, abilities, resistances, and weaknesses of fire, such as burning or melting things and getting destroyed by water. This also makes him the lightest contestant of all BFDI characters (only being weighed down by his limbs). While he can be very dangerous when close, Firey seems to have control over his body when sitting, touching items, or inside a location or vehicle.
- Speed: Firey claims to be a fast runner, as shown when he demonstrates to the Squashy Grapes and participates in the challenge carrying Ice Cube by finishing the race in seconds. His movements and reflexes are also very fast, as he can catch up with Coiny by continuously slapping him at an increasingly fast rate. The measurement of Firey's speed seems to be inconsistent, as he is usually seen walking or running at the same speed as the other contestants.
- Pyrokinesis: In What If BFDI Characters Were In Smash, Firey possesses the ability to ignite his limbs on fire to enhance his attacks. He also can turn into a larger flame and shoot fire at his opponents.
- Aquaphobia: Since he is a flame, Firey is afraid of water and can die when extinguished regardless of the quantity of water around him. For unknown reasons, when Firey's limbs touch any sources of poo, Firey can feel pain from it and in worst-case scenarios, also gets extinguished.
- Flair Bernie (TheObjectThing15)
- Freddy Richardson (KittyFan2004)
- Hino Asahi (Pimimyun)
- Fred Arson (Hanjax70)
- Fletcher Flayms (Jokshoofficalonscratch77)
- Fred "Firey" B. Jackson (Weteraneq Animations)
- Felix Fleming (Supermdztv1)
Where Firey is From
- Madrid, Spain - But moved to Scottsdale, Arizona at 3 years old (ScriptNGaminGG)
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (U4Again)
- Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, Japan (Pimimyun)
- 1/2 Spanish, 1/4 German, and 1/4 Russian (ScriptNGaminGG)
- Japanese (Pimimyun)
- Spanish-American (ScriptNGaminGG)
- Japanese (Pimimyun)
Place of Residency
- San Diego, California (ScriptNGaminGG)
- Pasadena, California (U4Again)
He is seen at the ending where you escape prison.
Shortly, he is interrupted by Lightning in FSG 7: Black holes for troubles, firey laughs at Bomby after he was sucked into a black hole, but shortly, Lightning shocks him and laughs at Firey's faliure.
in FSG 10, a giant Firey eats Lightning and gets shocked in the end.
Firey is shown to be very scared of everyone at the beginning, but as the show progresses he becomes more like flower and he develops a crush on her and they have multiple children.... only Firey ISNT THE FATHER!!!
- Firey is the first BFDI character created and the object show character ever created.
- Firey is one of the three contestants who own a speaker box that hosted for the show, along with Flower and Puffball.
Names in different languages
- 파이리 - Korean
- ファイリー - Japanese
- フォート - Japanese (in Object CrossRoad)
- 火 - Chinese
- Vurige - Dutch and Afrikaans
- Lửa - Vietnamese
- Fuego - Spanish (Both Latin American and Castillian Spanish) and Aragonese
- Fogo - Portuguese (Both Brazillian and Lusitanian Portuguese) and Galician
- Ogień - Polish
- Tüzes - Hungarian
- Feu - French
- Tomm - Breton
- Tulinen - Finnish
- Eldur - Faroese and Icelandic
- Fieu - Romansh
- Eldig - Swedish
- Fyrig - Danish and Norwegian
- Fajro - Esperanto
- Ognjeni - Bosnian and Slovenian
- Vatra - Croatian
- Alev (or Ateş) - Turkish
- Yanğın - Azerbaijan
- فيري - Arabic
- אש - Hebrew
- Агністэй - Belarusian
- Файри / Огонёк / Огонь - Russian
- Вогней - Ukranian
- Foculet - Romanian
- Feuer / Firey - German (Which surprisingly, he can speak)
- φωτιά - Greek
- ไฟ - Thai
- Fuoco - Italian
- Dóiteáin - Irish
- Ватрени - Serbian
- Ahi - Hawaiian
- Apoy - Tagalog
- Hluav Taws - Hmong
- Կրակոտ - Armenian
- ਅੱਗ - Punjabi
- بـ فائر - Sindhi
- ភ្លើង - Khmer
- Focu - Corsican
- ගිනිමය - Sinhala
- Утлы - Tatar
- Otly - Turkmen
- Nar - Maltese
- Berang - Malay
- Огнена - Macedonian